Hot Tire Pickup Test Print
Modified on: Tue, 15 Mar, 2022 at 7:13 PM
Concrete Sealers used on driveways and garage floors will be subject to warm tires on vehicles which are parked after being driven. This test determines the resistance of the sealer to lifting or black marking from the hot tire pressure. The tire tracking is simulated by attaching a hot. wet tire section to the surface of the sealed concrete with ordinary "c" clamps. Imprint of the tread mark., lifting of the coating, and black mark left on the coating are evaluated in this test.
1. Paint Brush
2. Cheese Cloth
3. "C" Clamps
4. Aluminum Panels
5. Tire sections (6" x 10") with two treads. (The tire can be slightly worn but have good tread remaining.)
6. Concrete plaques (12" x 12" x 2") 1 28-day cure
7. 140 degree Fahrenheit Water
1. The concrete plaques are coated twice with a brush at a uniform spreading rate of 100 sq. ft/gal. and allowed to a 4- dry for 7 days.
2. The sealed surface that is to be tested is soaked with moist cheesecloth for one hour. (Cheesecloth removed just prior to application of tire section.)
3. The tire section is placed under 140 degree Fahrenheit running water for one hour.
4. The tire section is then clamped tightly to the sealed surface using two "c" clamps and the metal panel to uniformly distribute pressure.
5. Test Method A: Apparatus remains clamped for 24 hours at room temperature. Test Method B: Apparatus remains clamped in 140 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour. (Very severe.)
6. The tire sections are then carefully removed, and the coatings are evaluated for imprint of tread mark, lifting of the coating, amount of black marking.
1. Type of Test: Method A or B
2. Test Results: UT Results
Rate: Imprint of Tread Mark 10 10 = No Imprint 0 = Severe Imprint
Sealer Adhesion - area of Tread 10 10 = = No Removal 0 = Completed Removal
Black Tread Mark on Sealer 5 10 = No Mark 0 = Severe Mar
(Tread Mark Was Easily Cleaned with Mild Detergent)
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.